Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I aim to misbehave



Here's a sketch of Cap'n Reynolds from Firefly. I did ink and color it, but that went to a special someone. I still have the sketch, so enjoy the scan. When I gave it to ***** she thought his pants weren't hiked up enough. God damn, she's right. Next time *****, next time.

On a side note, back in December I exiled myself from the Maple Ink Comics Forum on the basis that I was coming up on 200 posts and I had less that a dozen of those posted with pictures. My drawing duties were being rather neglected, so I decided to lay low for a while until I had some more art to show. Fiona Staples had the brilliant idea of doing 200 pics for my 200th post. So here I am, after the big Round Two stuff's done, and I'm back on track, drawing everyday and working up to 200. I'm currently at 37. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I just took 5 life drawing sessions at the local art college starting this week. That, and in a bit of good news, my good friend Chad and I recently pitched an idea for a cartoon show to the studio we work at. Everyone liked it, so we've gotta put together a pitch bible for a pitchfest in Banff next month. My brain hasn't quite registered how fucking awesome that is.

So there you go. Expect a few sneak peeks of the 200 later.

-Vince-

4 comments:

FS said...

Hey what? The 200 drawings weren't my idea! They were all YOUR idea! And I was all, "Wow, Vince is doing 200 drawings? That's sure a lot."

Vicious Ambitious said...

If you'll check my intro thread on MIC, you'll find yourself saying "All right, you'd better come back with at least 200 drawings!"

Believe me, you're more of an inspiration than you think. I was actually gonna visit you at the store today, but I got held up with Penciltown business. I don't blame you for my prolonged exile, I'll see a thread with people older than me arguing over stupid, stupid shit and say, should I even come back to this?

FS said...

Oh.

Well, it's a rather poetic idea, either way! You'll have to have the line changed to, "I draw more than I post, for real."

Vicious Ambitious said...

I really shouldn't get hung up on labels anyway, but dammit! I need to draw like a sailor needs seamen!

It'd be cool to do a pic for every post I've done after that as well. Once I've hit the 200, I just keep the balance going.

Yeah. Seamen.

-Vince-